Liz at Fictional Candy's Reviews > Goddess in the Middle

Goddess in the Middle by Stephanie Julian

Aug 11, 12

bookshelves: erotic-romance, galleys, paranormal, romance, shifter
Read from July 21 to 30, 2012

Goddess In The Middle is the next book in the Forgotten Goddesses series by Stephanie Julian. I still haven’t gotten around to book one, but I did read book two, How To Worship a Goddess. These are standalone books, you don’t have to read the previous. But as with nearly all series, reading the previous books only helps build the world that Ms. Julian has created and makes the story that much more enjoyable!

This story focuses on Amity, the Etruscan Goddess of Health. In the present Amity works in a hospital where she can put whats left of her healing powers to use. But her powers are also diminishing as time goes on. But Amity has a way she can recharge – good old fashioned sex. Sounds to me like Amity has it made!

Cousins Rom and Remy are also Etruscan, and they are hunting a demon. That very same demon seems to be hunting Amity – except Amity doesn’t realize this at first. Rom and Remy introduce themselves to Amity, and the sparks fly. There is no denying the heat between the three of them. I mean seriously, it is hot. Amity brings the two of them home for a night of fun. And of course, one thing leads to another…

Both of these men are so… wounded. They need her to help them. Not with her powers or her status, but with her love. And the love that grows between this trio is superb. These guys might be wounded and hunting for years, but they are so full of heart that it just bursts off the pages. Remy is a bit easier to show his and Rom has a wall, but when he lets his caring side come through it shines like a beacon. Honestly, I liked book two better than this book. But the relationship between Amity, Remy and Rom is what made me keep reading this book. And I should also mention that if you are looking for some spicy hot ménage scenes, Stephanie Julian definitely does not disappoint with Goddess In The Middle. The sex scenes in this story were toe curlers, indeed!

Charun is still after the goddesses, he wants to escape the underworld. And he is getting closer to reaching his goal. The demons he sends out to do his dirty work are definitely powerful. The action scenes are really very good.

But in this story it’s the characters that shine, alone and together. I believe there are more books coming in this series because there are more Goddesses. However when I look on Stephanie’s website, I don’t see any listed. I will definitely keep an eye out for more. I love this world that the author has created and her writing his beautiful. And let’s not forget incredibly hot. This is the second book I’ve read by this author, and I have a bunch more on my Kindle. I think they are definitely going to get bumped up on the list!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess in the Middle.

07/21/2012
100.0% "Review to come soon!"