Janna Mashburn's Reviews > Crash

Crash by Nicole  Williams

Jul 21, 2012

bookshelves: book-twin
Read from July 22 to 24, 2012

Lucy Lawson was on a mission to meet prince charming, but instead, she met her Prince Hot Damn, Jude Ryder. Jude is a bad boy who lives in a boy’s home, no stranger to jail, and the rules and laws just don’t seem to apply to him. He’s had his fare share of women, and doesn’t do the dating scene.
Lucy’s passion is dancing ballet. She has worked hard for what she wants, and that’s to dance at Julliard. Her relationship with her parents is strained, but yet her upbringing has been somewhat stable. As Jude and Lucy both begin their senior year in high school at Southpointe, their friendship evolves into something more. Lucy knows he is the last thing she needs in her life, Jude is headed down a path she wants no part of. But she just can’t seem to stay away, no matter the consequence- he was everything she needed, and everything she didn’t need. Jude and Lucy battle the odds and are faced with obstacles such as lies, deception, rumors and heartbreak, all ending in a tragic secret that will leave you wondering if any victims are spared.

I love The Beatles references throughout this book! I am a huge Beatles fan, “Hey Jude” being one of my favorite songs, so of course the main characters names are perfect!

I love Jude Ryder. Like, really love him. He is the bad-boy-of–all-bad-boys, broken and lost, and all I want to do is take his pain away and fix him. He is captivating and charming, rebellious and strong. He leaves a path of destruction in his wake. Lucy is probably one of my favorite heroines; she is such a tough and strong minded, lovable character. The hand she was dealt in life, she played well. The witty dialogue and comical banter between Jude and Lucy was a refreshing break to such an intense story.

Strap on your seat belt, this book was emotionally gripping, yet positively inspirational. Each character experiences their own loss of love, and it’s as if you are experiencing their own private sadness and pain with them. This is my first Nicole Williams novel, and will definitely not be my last.
“Fix You” by Coldplay was on repeat in my mind throughout this whole story. The lyrics are parallel to each character. This unforgettable story will stick with you long after you are finished!

“You can’t be friends with the person you are meant to spend the rest of your life with” –Jude

“The only way to know if Jude Ryder was going to ultimately break my heart was to open it up to him. That epiphany should have been more terrifying than it was. Hell or heartbreak, I was in it all the way. All in, as I liked to say, because that was the only way to ensure a relationship had a fighting chance”-Lucy

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash.

Quotes Janna Liked

Nicole  Williams
“The thing was, if staying away from him made me unsmart, I never wanted to be smart again.”
Nicole Williams, Crash