Kim McGee's Reviews > The Formula for Murder

The Formula for Murder by Carol McCleary

Jul 30, 12

Read from July 21 to 30, 2012

Whoa Nellie! I have always been fascinated by the real Nellie Bly and Carol McCleary's depiction of her and other very famous people like H.G. Wells, Oscar Wilde and Sir Aurthur Conan Doyle cannot be touched.
Once again Nellie is off on a journalistic adventure off to London to investigate the murder of her friend who supposedly killed herself while investigating a story about ladies spas. Nellie knows the young woman would not have killed herself and begins to uncover a horrific plot to kidnap young women and children and a mysterious spa treatment designed to help older women look and feel younger. The wild romp through the moors of England offer us much in understanding Nellie's thirst for the truth and her fierce independence from the constraints that women felt during that time. The characters work well together and we feel like we are another friend at the pub leaning in over our pint to hopefully overhear where the group will be searching for clues next. Highly recommend for lovers of Elizabeth Peters, Ariana Franklin and other great female historical mystery series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Formula for Murder.