Tracy's Reviews > One Moment

One Moment by Kristina McBride

7502004
Jul 21, 12

Read in July, 2012

This book is about a group of teenagers who have been close since childhood. On a beautiful day, celebrating the first of summer, the unthinkable happens and one of the core members of the group dies in a tragic accident. Following the death, hidden information comes out that alters the way the friends feel about each other and their deceased friend. Can they come through the experience with good memories and long friendships preserved?
This book was a roller coaster of emotions for me. At first I was just sick at the thought of a teenager dying in front of his friends and their dealing with the grief and guilt associated with that. When tidbits started coming out about secrets and lies, it made the story so much more interesting. It was somewhat suspenseful at times. There was a lot of deception, envy and competition between the "friends". In the book, I felt the teenagers dealt with their feelings and events that happened in a very mature, therapeutic manner. I never would have thought I would enjoy a book dealing with the death of a teenager, but this one is so much more. It left me with a good feeling.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Moment.