Jim Murdock's Reviews > Moochie's Place

Moochie's Place by Jim Murdock

Jul 21, 12

(Review from the author)

Readers of your story will be caught up in a whirlwind of health and life philosophy, which will carry them to new heights of understanding - perhaps giving them the most difinitive look at personal life responsibility they have ever had." Dr. M.T. Morter, Jr., Founder and Developer of Morter HealthSystem, author of The Soul Purpose and numerous other books.

"Dr. Murdock is a born storyteller who sees the lighter side of life as well as the trials that we all go through." Harriette Austin, the beloved writing teacher and inspiration for the Harriette Austin Writers Conference.

"I look for good stories that teach me something; Dr. Murdock's entertaining and thought-provoking book is found treasure." Genie Smith Bernstein, 2006 recipient of the Carrie McCray Literary Award.

"Jim Murdock's story provides strong argument that what affects the soul also affects the body and that forgiveness of self and others holds the key to a healing that we might just call miraculous. This book might just save your life." G. Richard Hoard, author of Alone among the Living, University of Georgia Press 1994 and The Race Before Us, Nancy Ann Publishing 2006.

"The author of this book introduces a bold new way of writing a novel. Hold onto your hat and rev up your funny bone as a rogue narrator takes you behind the scenes of this story." Patricia Bell-Scott, teacher at the University of Georgia and author of Life Notes andFlat-Footed Truths.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moochie's Place.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim Murdock You may not remember me, but I met you at Thadeen's birthday party and you were telling me about your book,"Moochie's Place." Well I bought it and have read it and enjoyed it so much I asked Avid Bookstore if they would give me your e-mail so I could tell you so! It was such a fun and personable read. I really enjoyed all the characters--you understood them so well! And the plot was able to be realistic(as in the violent tragedies that are so in the news today), without feeling hopeless. You certainly deserved to be included in "A Collection of Georgia's Newest and Most Promising Writers," as it said on the book cover!