Jennifer's Reviews > The Rose That Grew from Concrete

The Rose That Grew from Concrete by Tupac Shakur

Jul 21, 12

I bought this book at Barnes and Nobles and it what a bit pricey for a book of poetry but let me tell you....it was definitely worth it.

For starters if you love to read poetry, then this is actually a really good book because it has such deep, and powerful meaning.
If you like writing poetry, this book will make you want to write poetry like him (as in to have real meaning to your poetry).
But aside from that, you guys should definitely read this book because although Tupac may be a "thug" this guy wrote some real shit.

What people don't get is that Tupac was actually a very smart man. Yeah he was a "thug" and whatnot but Tupac was really smart. He read very often and some people didn't see that. He wasn't just a "thug" making music but the guy was smart. I keep saying that he's smart, I know, but it's really true. A real Tupac fan will know why I say that. Even his MUSIC has such deep meaning and if you listen closely you'll understand. If any of you decide to read it contemplate his words from his book because it truly is great.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rose That Grew from Concrete.