Melissa's Reviews > Wander Dust

Wander Dust by Michelle Warren

5619527
Aug 02, 2012

bookshelves: ba-author, ba-recommendation, fantasy, mind-blowing-creativity, paranormal, pretty-covers, simple-sweet, ya, time-travel
Read from July 21 to August 02, 2012

The first novel in Michelle Warren's YA trilogy, Wander Dust, is a story about Seraphina Parrish and her journey through life as a supernaturally gifted teenager. Warren describes her genre as a sci-fantasy, blending in a mixture of scientific evidence along with a dash of fantasy to create her own special world of time travel. As reviewer Lisa O. noted on Goodreads, she considers Wander Dust, "The love child of Jumper and Harry Potter" and I couldn't agree more.

Sera as we come to call her, is a lonely 16 year old growing up with an emotionless father and a mother who has already passed away. She moves to Chicago to live with her Aunt Mona after being too problematic for her father to handle, or so everyone assumes.

Upon her arrival in Chicago Sera learns quickly that there is more to her life then the eye can see and her imagination can handle. None too soon, our lovely Sera meets the handsome and mysterious Maxwell Bishop, but Bishop is already wooing the heart of the evil and manipulative Perpetua- or is he?

A tale of friendship, family and young love, Sera's journey is full of twists and turns and unexpected revelations. Warren's descriptive prose will leave you aching for an immediate release of the movie version. For though the words she writes are beautiful to read, the world of Seraphina Parrish deserves to be seen with our eyes in full technicolor and with the proper musical accompaniment. Your imagination will be churning for physical evidence that wandering is real. Especially if it means you get to wander with Bishop.

Not only is Warren's writing strong, her book is well edited and comes with an amazing cover to boot! This is a definite stand-out in the world of YA Indie Books. It was a pure delight to read and I would deem it appropriate for readers 13+.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wander Dust.

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom What do you think so far? I've been on a fantasy kick lately.

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Randall Ill be starting sooon

Melissa Tom wrote: "What do you think so far? I've been on a fantasy kick lately."

Tom - I'm just settling into it tonight :) I will let you know asap. I've heard great things though.

Melissa Andrea wrote: "Ill be starting sooon"

Squee :)