Ashley's Reviews > Ashes of Twilight

Ashes of Twilight by Kassy Tayler

Sep 20, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from September 18 to 20, 2012 — I own a copy

I received this book through a first reads giveaway, thank you!

From the second I started this book I could not put it down! I absolutely loved the premise (dystopian seems to be my favorite genre lately). I noticed a couple of other people mentioning it being similar to The City of Ember, but I have not read that book so this whole idea was new to me.

I was very impressed with the main character (Wren). She's definitely a character I would want my children reading about and looking up to. She didn't give in to sexual desires (which seems to be all to common with YA novels lately) and actually thought about her actions. She was a selfless character, a great role model.

One thing that stood out to me was that the author did a fantastic job with her descriptions. Through the whole story I felt as if I was really there in the tunnels or the dome with the characters. At the same time, the descriptions were not so heavily weighed with detail that it got boring.

All-in-all I'm really sad the book had to end, I would have loved to keep reading about Wren, Pace, and everyone else!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ashes of Twilight.