Kristen's Reviews > Love Unscripted

Love Unscripted by Tina Reber

I think I'm going to put this book on the shelf for the time being. I'm at 30% and having a difficult time staying focused or interested in the story.

I think this is one of those books that work when it's cold outside, you're snuggled in a blanket, and in the mood for a long, well written, but drawn-out story. That's not the mood I'm in right now.
43 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Unscripted.

07/21/2012 "Hum... I've been curious about this book for some time. Plus, I'm in the mood for some over-the-top drama." 9 comments
07/21/2012
15.0% "I'm having a difficult time staying interested in this book. I keep putting it down or thinking of things I have to do while reading (never a good sign). I really hope things pick up soon." 3 comments
07/22/2012
30.0% "I think I'm going to put this book on the shelf for the time being. I'm having a difficult time staying focused or interested in the story."

message 1: by Steffi (new) - added it

Steffi I'v been considering this one. I'll wait to hear your thoughts on it, though. With these highly emotional books I always feel like I'm committing to something. Sounds strange but I don't want to start if I'm not sure about it.

message 2: by Kristen (last edited Jul 22, 2012 06:08AM) (new) - added it

Kristen Honestly? I'm having a hard time staying interested. Maybe it's due to just finishing Defiant. I'm not sure. I may put it down for awhile and then try it again in the future. It's a loooong book or that's how it feels. I'm only 30% in so thing may suddenly start to capture my attention. Overall, I'm kinda bored. I can see this book working when it's cold out side and you're snuggled in a blanket and in the mood for a long drawn-out book. I am not in the mood for that right now.

These two review seems to sum up my feeling so far.

message 3: by Steffi (last edited Jul 22, 2012 06:58AM) (new) - added it

Steffi Thanks, Kristen. I'll check out the two reviews you linked. I think I'm giving the book a miss for now.

message 4: by Karla (new) - added it

Karla Mood is everything Kristen and can have a huge impact on how we feel about a book. It's good that you recognize that and are putting the book aside. This way you can give it a fair shot when you are ready to read it!

Michelle [Helen Geek] Kristen - I had exactly the same issue with this one. It has such good ratings from several friends, I decided to let it lie for another day. I want to be fair and am sure I missed something important. So glad I'm not alone. Maybe when the mood strikes we can buddy on this and help either validate our original thoughts or get each other through the yuck to the good stuff.

message 6: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Steffi wrote: "Thanks, Kristen. I'll check out the two reviews you linked. I think I'm giving the book a miss for now."

You're welcome, Steffi. I think you'll like the book but waiting until your in the mood for this type of book is a good idea. It has great reviews so I'm hope mood is the key for this book.

message 7: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Karla wrote: "Mood is everything Kristen and can have a huge impact on how we feel about a book. It's good that you recognize that and are putting the book aside. This way you can give it a fair shot when you ar..."

Thanks Karla. I think this book will work for me when I'm in the right mood. I created a self for book that I need to put down because of my mood. I bet our moods and disliking a book happens more often than most of us realize.

message 8: by Kristen (last edited Jul 22, 2012 11:33AM) (new) - added it

Kristen Michelle wrote: "Kristen - I had exactly the same issue with this one. It has such good ratings from several friends, I decided to let it lie for another day. I want to be fair and am sure I missed something import..."

That's a great idea. Maybe in a few months we'll both be in the mood for this story. If we still have issues then we'll know it wasn't "mood" that was the problem. It's a book date for sure!

message 9: by Lisa Jayne (new)

Lisa Jayne I was the same with this one, never finished it, I found it sadly boring :-( x

message 10: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Lisa Jayne wrote: "I was the same with this one, never finished it, I found it sadly boring :-( x"

To be honest, I'm not sure I'll ever get around to reading it. There's so many other books to read.

message 11: by Laura (new) - rated it 1 star

Laura Franco omg... the exact same thing happened to me... thought it'd be different :(

message 12: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Laura wrote: "omg... the exact same thing happened to me... thought it'd be different :("

Oops. I forgot about this book. Sorry it didn't work for you. :)

Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Dean and Archer❤️❤️ LOL!! I love your review!! :)
I loved this series so much.
Read them during the winter though!!
Maybe you're right!
I hope you get back to it.
xoxoxo

message 14: by Kristen (last edited Sep 30, 2014 03:56PM) (new) - added it

Kristen Thank for reminding me about this book, hon. I totally forgot all about it. You're right, I should give it another go now that the weather is changing and winter is on its way. :)

Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Dean and Archer❤️❤️ Kristen (Peddler of Smut) wrote: "Thank for reminding me about this book, hon. I totally forgot all about it. You're right, I should give it another go now that the weather is changing and winter is on its way. :)"

I really hope you change your mind.
I remember being in love with this one.
Going to reread it in January!!

message 16: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen ❤️

Alyssa Victoria I completely agree

message 18: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Alyssa wrote: "I completely agree"

Sorry it didn't work for you Alyssa. :)