Mizuki's Reviews > Black Wings

Black Wings by Christina Henry

Jul 20, 12

Read in June, 2012

I'm going to start my review first and foremost that I am not fond of romance. I cringe at the sight of those sappy h*rlequin novels (Though, ironically, I love Danielle Steel...but that's not the point). And While this book could be considered "romance" I was still able to get through it in about a day (not including breaks) and I thoroughly enjoyed every page. Though, admittedly, it started to get a little rushed and a little bit cliched at the end. Still, I highly recommend it to all you romantic comedy fans (there has to be a few of you out there, right?).

I think the most fun thing about the book were the characters. Madeline, the protagonist, I felt, at least in terms of personality, that I could relate to her. I felt I could easily understand her, like we were on the same page. It's something I don't find very often in stories anymore. Gabriel, while a little cookie-cutter at times, was still an interesting character with an interesting story of his own to tell. He, too, was easy to understand and contributed a little sometimes to the humour aspect of the story, which I am quite pleased with/ Oh, and of course, who could forget quirky but lovable Beezle, who, contrary to my initial prediction upon picking up the book, played a very important role in the story, aside from just being comic relief. This made him a very interesting character as well.

Anyway, now that I've just wasted about five minutes of your life, dear reader, I leave you with this: read this book! It's awesome, trust me. ;)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Wings.