Hilary's Reviews > Sin City, Vol. 6: Booze, Broads, and Bullets

Sin City, Vol. 6 by Frank Miller

1702050
Nov 10, 2008

bookshelves: 2008, fiction, graphic-novel, mystery-thriller, 2017, series, short-stories
Read on February 25, 2017 , read count: 2

Booze, Broads, and Bullets is the sixth book in the Sin City series. On the heels of Family Values one often doesn't know what to expect, but thankfully this book reinstated the bulk of the more entertaining and satisfying Sin City stories. This collection is full of humor, and does indeed provide some of the backstory that was missing from previous volumes in regards to Dwight, Fat Man, and Little Boy.

This collection also fixes some of the problems with the art that I had in the previous volume. With the exception of That Yellow Bastard the books have been completely black and white. This volume adds red and blue to the mixture as well, though always in very small number and to great effect. I'm glad that the film adaptation used a similar array of colors rather than just the yellow.

This is altogether a very satisfying volume and a breath of fresh air after the disappointingly slim previous collection. Only one more left now until the end. I remember it being a bit of a doozy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sin City, Vol. 6.

02/25 marked as: read