Hilary's Reviews > Sin City, Vol. 3: The Big Fat Kill

Sin City, Vol. 3 by Frank Miller

1702050
Nov 10, 2008

bookshelves: 2008, fiction, graphic-novel, mystery-thriller, 2017, series, library, re-read
Read on February 24, 2017 , read count: 2

I previously mentioned my love of the Sin City film and how it was what spurred me on to read the books. This was by far my favorite plot in the movie, and indeed, the comic delivers in spades. All the humor, all the suspense, and all the ridiculously noir proclivities are here in spades. Dwight is back, as are Gail, Shellie, and deadly little Miho. Old Town is in trouble, and it's up to Dwight and the lovely girls to save the day.

Dwight, now dating Shellie, is not amused when she gets some rather boisterous visitors. When violence is threatened Dwight moves to teach them a lesson, and happens to follow them all the way to Old Town. Sure enough, the girls are onto the trouble these men represent and Miho makes quick work of them. It's only then that Dwight realizes one of them is a cop... murdered in Old Town. The tenuous peace between the girls and the city is threatened, and either way, blood will be spilled.

This comic is a quick read with plenty of twists and turns. The humor is on point, and black as ever, and through the bloodshed Frank Miller's writing shines. The art is gorgeous, and even knowing the outcome I had trouble putting this volume down until the last bullet hit the floor. The adaptation was great, and this is one rare time when whether you read or watch you will love it all. Definitely my favorite volume. Love Dwight. Love his warrior woman. Love The Pits for all they are. How often you get to see a man turned into a Pez dispenser, anyway?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sin City, Vol. 3.

02/24 marked as: read