Darlene's Reviews > Feast of Fools

Feast of Fools by Rachel Caine

Jul 22, 12

Read from July 21 to 22, 2012

I think that this book is definitely the turning point of the series. Is it kind of late, being the fourth book and all? Yeah, but I can't stop now. The books before were okay, but this one is GOOD. I actually considered giving it five stars.

Myrnin is by far by favorite character. I still love Shane, but he has turned into a bit of a angst-ridden drama queen. His and Claire's relationship is starting to annoy me too.
Every time they're alone:
ZOMG should we do it now?

I used to think they were so cute in the previous books. I guess that's the only setback though. Everything else seems to be getting good. I love how the vampires and humans are banding together and becoming equals. Not gonna lie, this whole Morganville world made me highly uncomfortable before. Like, everything there is so limited and oppressing and creepy, and you want Claire to leave so badly but she couldn't even if she wanted to because of these inhuman creatures that would hunt her down. Now they're sort of breaking free of that, which is great.

Claire is alright. Sometimes she can be really cool, sometimes she annoys the crap out of me.
I wonder if there'll be a love triangle in the next few books. Myrnin? Random thought, but maybe Richard Morrell? Either'd be pretty awesome.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Feast of Fools.

07/22/2012 page 197