Carrie's Reviews > The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom

1995579
Jul 22, 12

Read in July, 2012 — I own a copy

The Four Agreements
1. Be impeccable with your word.
2. Don’t take anything personally.
3. Don’t make assumptions.
4. Always do your best.

I was given this book as a Birthday present from my little brother. He said its teachings can be life changing. I ENJOYED it a lot!!! As with any self help type of book you gotta "take some" and "leave some" if you know what I mean? For me this was a definite TAKE way more than leave. My brother and I have similar personalities and I can see very much why he gave me this book. As soon as I read the inside cover I knew this was going to be something that connected with me, my life, and my way of thinking. Honestly, I think anyone and everyone who reads it can benefit and take something away making their life better. The bottom line in this book is that life is all about love---how to give it and receive it. This has been a long time belief of mine---that life is all about learning to love, unconditionally loving the way our Creator loves.

INSIDE COVER:
BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORD: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.

DON'T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY: Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.

DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS: Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST: Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Four Agreements.

Quotes Carrie Liked

Miguel Ruiz
“Be impeccable with your word. Don't take anything personally. Don't make assumptions. Always do your best.”
Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom

Miguel Ruiz
“Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally... Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves.”
Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom