Samantha's Reviews > Underworld

Underworld by Meg Cabot

Oct 07, 12

Read from July 20 to 21, 2012

I thought this book was better than the first one.

For one, Pierce (however you spell it) doesn't act like she belongs in the D-Wing anymore. She's more sensible and doesn't just drift off anymore. Another was you got to explore who John was more. Though you cant really tell who he is, and what bothers me about him is how reluctant he was to share his secrets. I get that they're bad things that he did and he's so ashamed of it, but I find it so ... frustrating.

The way Pierce acted and thought things was also a pretty low point for me. She was always assuming things without getting the right facts and not asking anybody about it, it made me so mad how unperceptive she was. And then when she finds out she's wrong, and is all embarrassed, I'm all screaming in my head. And all those consequences they all talk about is very frustrating as well. Cabot never really explains what they are in detail, just a hint or two there and there, so I don't really get why it keeps popping up all over the place like the plague. I'm not even very sure what is it, just that it's bad and it hurt John.

Another thing was the way the plot just seemed like it was everywhere. A bit scattered in some parts of the book, but that was just a tiny detail.

So really, there was a major improvement in Pierce and the storytelling, but there were still some low points for me, so I gave it three stars like the other book. But now that I think about it, I'm not sure which book I liked better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Underworld.