Cassie C's Reviews > False Memory

False Memory by Dan Krokos

Aug 20, 12

bookshelves: disappointing
Read in August, 2012

I always hate having to give a book 1 star, but I just did not like this book. While it did have some good moments, those moments were few and far between, and definitely not enough to give this book anything more.

My first problem was that I got confused A LOT! The book jumps right into the action, and there's not much explanation. While for some books this works brilliantly, for this book, it did not. There were references to "the other Miranda," "Miranda 2.0," or "the other me" and while I started understanding it, I still kept getting confused. If I understand correctly, (view spoiler) however I'm still not sure if that is the truth. The teens were also split up into Alpha and Beta teams, however there was another Alpha team. Again, I couldn't keep the "teams" straight as to which one we were actually following.

Another problem I had was that the entire book seemed like it was just a chapter in a book; the middle of a story, with no beginning or end. Obviously, events occurred, but at the same time, it felt like nothing happened. Yes, there was action, but it seemed like as soon as that action started, it was over. My next problem ties in with this as well so...I felt like I couldn't develop a connection to any of the characters. None of the characters were developed enough to form a connection to, and that is the result of a action-centered plot vs. a character-centered plot. I honestly didn't even feel that bad when (view spoiler). This is something that really bothered me about this book.

I really did want to like this book because I feel like it had a lot of promise, and the description made it sound very good. Overall, I think that this book just wasn't for me. However, I think that it will appeal to certain people, so if you want, try it because you might just like it, but I just couldn't get into it :(
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read False Memory.