Rick Bavera's Reviews > The Third Gate

7120893
Jul 28, 12

bookshelves: general-fiction
Read from July 20 to 25, 2012

Sometimes I wish we could have a rating scale of 1-100, other times just a thumbs up or thumbs down.

I have enjoyed everything I have read by Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston, either when they are writing individually or as a team.

This book I did like, but want to give it a 2.9, or maybe 3.1 or something...

It was an exciting read, one that I read rather quickly, especially given the fact that didn't have a lot of spare time during the time period I was reading it.

The story is one of a world famous archaeologist who has the magic touch of finding superb sites no one else seems to be able to even get close to. He is assisted by a team of people that includes a doctor who is an expert on near-death-experiences, the doctor's wife (who had a near-death-experience which gives her some special abilities), and a specialist in enigmalogy (para-normal sort of stuff). Of course, there is a curse involved in the search for the tomb of the first Egyptian pharaoh, people get greedy, and things go awry.

All in all, a good read, but not as edge-of-your-seat, can't-put-it-down, as some of the other works of Lincoln Child.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Third Gate.