Gaele's Reviews > Kitchen Addiction!

Kitchen Addiction! by Lizz Lund

Jul 20, 12

bookshelves: owned, review-reads
Read in November, 2012

As copied from my Amazon review:

Fishy lips and fuzzy toesies... delectable

that is,if you are the oversized cat that seems to have an opinion about everything Mina gets involved in: and Mina is a busy woman in this story. A genetic predisposition to overcooking during times of stress, or for holidays, a neighbor with a house key, a secret and a cleaning obsession, and someone setting fires with flaming bags of dog poo - and you have the gist of the issues to be dealt with in this book.

I won't claim this book is without its faults: the humor often is juvenile and derives more from the ridiculous situations, but although those were many (and the story wouldn't have suffered if there were fewer "events") the author has done a good job describing, creating and sorting them. What was slightly distracting was the overuse of some phrases: "yous" comes into play far more than it should.

But, for a fun read that had me laughing until I cried more than once -this is the read for you. It also won't hurt if you have ever been in servitude to a cat, had a crazy family member or a horrible boss. You don't have to have experience with any of that, or even have to cook: but it helps.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitchen Addiction!.