Beccie's Reviews > Click

Click by Lisa Becker

Jul 24, 12

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from July 20 to 24, 2012

Author Lisa Becker sent me “Click: An Online Love Story” for review. I’ve had this book on my TBR pile for a while so to finally get to read and review it was great. The entire book is written in email format. I actually like reading email conversations in books. They are fast, fun, and creative forms of conversations. It was a surprise that in a 2011 setting the four characters chose to communicate via email and phone rather than texting. While that was surprising, I loved it because..well, I HATE texting. I would rather read emails containing actual sentences than try to piece together a bunch of letters to form a conversation. These four friends are all very different but mesh well together and their friendship was real. Readers will find at least one character that they can relate to. There is Mark, the nerd; Ashley, the judgmental priss; Shelley, the…for lack of a better word…slut; and Renee, the average woman. Of the four of them I found myself identifying with Renee the most. I enjoyed the email mishaps that transpired towards the end of the story, I’m sure everyone could relate to them LOL. The man Renee ends up in a serious relationship with was ironic and funny. I thought the ending was too sudden, it just stops at a random email. I was expecting some Happily Ever After news to be shared. I give “Click: An Online Love Story” 3/5 stars, even though I enjoyed the story I wish there had been chapters of narration sprinkled throughout. I only got to experience the summarized versions of the friends’ lives through emails they sent after the fact. I feel I missed what could have been some hilarious antics had Lisa narrated some of their dates/hookups.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Click.