Heather's Reviews > My Fair Captain

Nov 14, 08

bookshelves: e-book, erotica, m-erotica
Recommended to Heather by: Daisiemae
Read in November, 2008

Wow! This book was very different from other m/m romance books I've read. First, It was set in the future (think the year was 4528 or something) but the customs and behaviors were set in the Regency era (like 1800's). Second, the planet they were on is a very masculine society so, most relationships are m/m.

Nate is the Captain of an amazing ship called the Lady Anna. He and his son Jeremy, lovingly nicknamed "Trouble" have to go to this planet and blend in with society to try and uncover a theft at the Kings palace. The King and his consort have 5 children together. One of them, Aiden, is an artist. He loves to draw and paint and his work is spectacular. The minute Aiden and Nate see each other its like love at first sight. Nate has never been able to settle down with anyone, but Aiden makes him want to get married and settle down.

Things keep going missing around the Kings palace and Aiden seems to be the target. Someone wants Aiden dead, but with Nate there to protect him nothing is going to happen... right?

This is a very romantic story with all the pomp and circumstance of the 1800's, but with the added twist of futuristic gadgets and customs. Overall, this was a really fast read, although I do have to admit there were lots of characters to learn about and remember. When they finally have sex its very hot with an underlying tone of Dominance and submission. Hot! I cant wait to read the next book in the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Fair Captain.

11/13/2008 page 165
52.88% "Getting pretty hot now!!!"
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-7)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Brenda (b) Heather, It sounds like a great story. I've been looking at this one and thinking it might be good and after reading your review I'm gonna put it on my list for sure.

Heather Its really good! Its something different too... which is nice! ;)

H

Miss I like this one. I'll be looking to add this as well.
Kenjii

Heather If you like m/m romance, you wont be disappointed!! ;)

H

Miss I have only read one m/m romance but I am interested in finding more author's, in the genre, I like. Sounds very good tho.
Kenjii

Heather Daisiemae has some great m/m reviews on her bookshelf if you want to take a peek. Between the two of us, you'll have LOTS of recommendations!

H

Miss Oh cool thanks! I have a look over there too. I have added the couple I think I will like.