Shaya's Reviews > The Thief

it was ok
bookshelves: fantasy, school-year-2008-2009
Recommended to Shaya by: Rebecca
Read in December, 2008

** spoiler alert ** A friend recommended this to me. She loves the series and has been trying to get me to read them for a while. I got through the first 100 pages telling myself it would get better but it didn't. At that point I decided I might as well finish as I was already pretty far into it.

I found the book tedious. The writing style did not work for me at all. I didn't like the details that were provided and wasn't interested in the world. I think my main problem was that I didn't like any of the characters that much.

The end raised my opinion of the book. Knowing that Eugenides had planned the whole thing all along made me think more highly of him. Most of the "stupid errors" he made were part of his reckless plan. Most of the stuff he did actually worked out. I still think he is an annoying character. His brilliancy did not come through for me for most of the book. I don't think I'll be reading the next book in the series.
14 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thief.

11/28 page 150
53.57% "Really not enjoying this. A bit tedious, really. But I might as well finish."
03/28 marked as: read

message 1: by Lisa (new) - rated it 1 star

Lisa He complained so much throughout the book about everything it was tiresome