CaroleDee's Reviews > Demon Hunting in the Deep South

Demon Hunting in the Deep South by Lexi George

Jul 24, 12

Fans of Kerrelyn Sparks and Molly Harper will devour Demon Hunting in the Deep South.
It had everything I love in a paranormal romance plus fantastic comedic relief.

Evie's character has had it rough. Mother died young, dad turned into a drunk, kids making fun of her weight through school and beyond; you'd be right in assuming she doesn't have the greatest self esteem. Now, don't get the wrong idea, she's not simpering in a dark room wailing about her life, but she's not having a great time either. She's just coasting through trying to stay under, around, AS FAR away from the radar as she can get. Be polite and unmemorable seem to be her philosophy in life. All that changes and she's thrust into the limelight when the town's long standing queen-bee shows up dead in her office.

After thousands of years of existence the supposed emotionless Ansgar can't understand why he's so drawn to Evangeline Douglass. He's tried everything to get her out of system since meeting her. He erased her memory of him and went back to his own dimension but just can't get her out of his mind. He finally decides to return to Hannah but with Evangeline being accused of murder, his own feelings of unworthiness, and that pesky problem of demons trying to abduct her he may never get to explore his new emotions, including love.

Demon Hunting in the Deep South's story was great, but what really made it for me were the citizens of Hannah, Alabama. They have to be some of the craziest characters I've ever read. Even the pets have huge personalities! From the Mayor's pet possum Priscilla, to Frodo the finger munching, alligator-chihuahua. You just can't get away from the hilarious imagination of Lexi George.

I can't recommend Demon Hunting in the Deep South enough. Angsty romance, self realization, kick-butt demon hunting, and enough hilarious hijinx to keep you laughing all the way through. I also suggest reading this one with a partner. There are soo many funny lines that you'll want to laugh out loud with someone else

"Kama Kazi chickens, a bitchy ghost, and now Free Willie.
And it's only my first day in Hannah. This is some crazyass town."

*I didn't read the first in this series (Demon Hunting in Dixie), but wasn't left with a 'what the heck is going feel' that can happen when jumping into a series out of order. But you can be sure that since I loved this one so much I already have my 'next to-read' book picked out :)

-originally posted at http://www.bittenbyparanormalromance....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Hunting in the Deep South.