Lori McD's Reviews > Kilgannon

Kilgannon by Kathleen Givens

Aug 06, 12

bookshelves: 2012_read, chick-lit, highlander, historical-fiction, kindle-book, own, romance, scottish-lit
Read in July, 2012

The Kindle edition is FULL of errors and mistakes... made it really tough to read the book. I put in a complaint to Amazon.com - someone needs to fix this.

Overall, I got really tired of Mary's attitudes towards Alex. She doesn't ever exhibit TRUST in him, and he never gives her cause to not trust him. She's constantly worrying and complaining about him and their "relationship" before they're married, and then afterwards, she can't accept him for who he is. When war comes, she throws a temper-tantrum rather than support him. I found her very childish in many ways.

Alex, though, needed to learn to communicate more and more freely - which he seemed to learn by the end of the book. He is fiercely loyal to his family, even though his brother Malcolm is a back-stabbing, disloyal, do-anything-to-get-ahead kind of guy. Only in exposing Malcolm did Mary show any real insight.

It was an interesting book, but not interesting enough for me to rush into book #2.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kilgannon.

07/27/2012
62.0% "Hmmm... If this book were written in the 1980s or 90s, I'd understand the Heroine better. Mary seems very self-unaware and very naive. I realize the naivete was part of being an aristocratic Englishwoman, but still... I'm getting tired of her rantings and ravings; she rants first, asks questions later. She needs more faith in herself and in Alex."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Thank you for giving me a heads up on the female lead, I'm so tired of that kind of character! ...I don't think I'll pick this up afterall.