Cassie C's Reviews > Kindred

Kindred by J.A. Redmerski

Jul 31, 12

Read in July, 2012

Wow, wow, wow! I don't even know how to describe how amazing this book was! I was originally unsure if I wanted to read the second book in this series because while I liked the first book, I didn't love it. As I said in my review of the first in the series, I thought there was too much set up. However, I thought I would give the second one a try, and if I wasn't liking it, I could always just stop. Well...let's just say, once I got started reading this, I couldn't put it down. Every time someone would bother me (texting or just coming into my room to ask me something) I would be like, "Do not bother me people!!! I need to read this next sentence, or the world will end!" haha Anyway, suffice to say, this was such an excellent read. Ms. Redmerski really stepped it up in this novel, and I was just utterly blown away.

Adria is such a great main character. She is strong, and a very good role model. She faces every situation with a strength that very few female characters possess, and I greatly admire that. She never gave in, and complained. I loved that (view spoiler) she sought out the explaination herself. This is something that very few heroines do today in young adult books, and I applaud Ms. Redmerski for giving us a character that we can all look up to, no matter how old you are.

Isaac, what can I say about Isaac? Um...I LOVE him!! He showed such love and care toward Adria in this one, and I appreciated that we were able to see a more emotional side of him. I thought it was a great idea to do a little bit of the story from his perspective because I feel that you were able to see Isaac in a different light. I did figure out that (view spoiler). However, I still loved it nonetheless.

I still have a huge soft spot for Harry, Daisy, and Zia. However, I wish they were all in the story a bit more. The twists were excellent. I didn't figure most of them out, which is always good in my eyes. I had so many theories throughout the entire novel, and I was on the right track with some of them. I am eagerly awaiting the next-and final :( - in the series, The Ballad of Aramei. Just by the title, I know that it's going to be amazing! I can't wait to see what Ms. Redmerski has in store for us next.

I highly recommend this book and series. In the end, I'm actually really glad that there was so much set up in the first book because you are so fully emersed in the world in this second one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kindred.