Jessica's Reviews > Things I Can't Forget

Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally

Sep 05, 12

bookshelves: 2012, ya
Read from July 20 to 21, 2012

A companion novel to the equally fabulous CATCHING JORDAN (out now) and STEALING PARKER (out Oct 1!), this follows Kate as she spends the summer before college as a church camp counselor, questioning her faith as she falls in love for the first time. This book has amazing characterization. At the beginning of the book, Kate’s seldom questioned her fundamentalist Christian church’s teachings, even though it’s caused a major rift between her and her BFF. She isn’t immediately popular with some of the other counselors, who think that she’s being judge-y. But over the course of the book, Kate grows up so much -- without ever giving up her own beliefs or being untrue to who she is. The romance is super-hot; I think Matt might be my favorite of the three very appealing boys Kenneally’s created, and I can definitely understand why Kate might be tempted to forget some of her church’s rules. At the same time, Matt totally respects Kate’s beliefs and just wants the same from her! It's so *refreshing* to see a mutually-respectful relationship! I loved that we get to see Jordan and Parker again – in fact, there’s a fantastic female friendship here between two characters who really need girl friends that made me just as happy as the romance! (critiqued in manuscript form; releases March 2013)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Things I Can't Forget.