Jessica's Reviews > I've Got Your Number

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

Jul 21, 2012

bookshelves: books-to-add-to-library
Read from July 20 to 21, 2012

Is it weird that I feel like all of Sophie Kinsella's books are pretty much the same plot with basically the same characters, but I love them anyway and can't put them down, even though I predict the ending from the first couple of chapters? In summary- *SPOILERS* average, but quirky/upbeat girl is dating/engaged to "perfect guy." Meets guy who initially seems like jerk, but realizes underneath the surface he's the Mr. Darcy to her Elizabeth Bennet. After he helps her fix some character flaw she has (maybe it's overshopping, maybe it's lying, maybe it's being non-confrontational, whatever it is- she's oblivious, he'll point it out and she'll triumph over it). She then proceeds to dump "perfect boyfriend/fiancé" who turns out to be a loser/scumbag/idiot/cheater/drone and rides off into the sunset with new guy. *END SPOILERS* At first, I didn't want to like this book, because it seemed pretty formulaic at first and I'm the opposite of a phone person, but it was so funny and I just loved Poppy- I could really relate to her. Really enjoyed reading it and literally stayed up till 4:30 AM to finish. After reading quite a few depressing books this summer, it was nice to read something lighthearted for once.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I've Got Your Number.