Adriane's Reviews > Hooked

Hooked by Liz Fichera

May 26, 13

bookshelves: debut-author-challenge-2013, to-review
Read in January, 2013

I read this one a while back but just hadn’t gotten a chance to do the review on it.

First off, I LOVED this book. I read about the book about the time that one of my youth kids got a scholarship to play golf at a college in North Carolina and so I was pretty excited for her and then I heard about this book and it all seemed to fall into place. Shazam!

Anyway, Fred has a pretty rough life in some ways, but in a lot of ways she has it pretty good too. She has an amazing dad and a pretty awesome brother, and being on the golf team is her chance to do something incredible, and she is going to do it no matter what.

I loved Fred’s character. Fichera wrote such an amazing character. Fred is so brave and just keeps moving forward when there are so many chances for her to just stop and give up, points when most people wouldn’t have blamed her. I also really loved seeing the relationship that develops between Ryan and Fred and how Ryan is the one that is ultimately there for her when she needs someone.

I’ll admit that there were points that I wasn’t 100% crazy about this book, but there were other points that I just completely adored this book and fell head over heals for it. I will say that those moments pretty much won me over the bad parts and pulled me through the others. to make this book better than the others.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hooked.