Barbara's Reviews > Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone

Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield

Jul 20, 12

bookshelves: bullies, community, death, families, friendship, ncbla2013
Read in July, 2012

Two stories and lives intersect in an unexpected way in this satisfying thriller. Although I had a pretty good idea how the lives of Becca and Amelia Anne would connect and their similarities were clear from the start, the author throws in hints and red herrings that add to this suspense thriller's delight. Small-town girl Becca has plans to leave her town and her lackluster past far behind her when she heads off to college. But she has feelings for James and is confused by his decision to break up and then get back together right after her high school graduation. While she procrastinates about packing and preparing to go, James seems to be behaving rather oddly. Amelia Anne is dead as the book opens, and readers must decide for themselves as they turn the pages exactly what led to her death on the side of the dirt road near Becca's town. How could a woman on her way to a beach vacation with her boyfriend Luke die in such a violent way? The author does a masterfall job of hinting at each character's motivation and leaving out details so readers have to do a lot of reading between the lines. In the end, there are all sorts of betrayals coming from unexpected places, and readers will surely ponder the winding roads and detours that lead us to or from our destinations.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by J (new) - rated it 3 stars

J I am reading Amelia Anne right now!! I plan to read your review when I am done!!

Barbara I look forward to what you have to say about. I always like your reviews.