Sbr Martin's Reviews > C I N

C I N by Christina Leigh Pritchard

Jul 20, 12

Recommended to Sbr by: Christina Leigh Pritchard
Read from July 17 to 20, 2012

“Lynn, Lynn, City of Sin. You Never Come Out the Way You Went In.”… That is, of course, if you come out at all…

I just finished reading the first installment of Christina Leigh Pritchard’s “C I N” series: Book 1 - “Lynn, Lynn, City of Sin. You Never Come Out the Way You Went In.” And, I’ll tell you something interesting—after stepping into Pritchard’s fiction, I didn’t want to leave, and I definitely came out different than I went in.

Pritchard’s work is a YA paranormal yarn, which typically isn’t found in my book bag. But I decided to give it a read nonetheless, to broaden my literary horizons—and I’m so very glad I did.

This book may be YA, but it is for an ageless audience. The story is very compelling and intriguing, filled with characters—both human and animal—which touch your heart, slap you in the face, and raise your eyebrows.

Full of surprises, the novel progresses at an addictively readable pace. I found myself going farther in the book than I had intended to go during each reading session. I just needed to find out more and more.

It isn’t until nearly halfway through the work that Pritchard starts to reveal some of the characters’, and town’s, secrets. The build-up is riveting, and the revelations are shocking, sometimes disturbing, sometimes pacifying.

The conclusion of Book 1 itself is not a conclusion, but rather an introduction. At the end of her work, Pritchard has her lead, Lisa Brown, asking herself many questions, which tease and taunt the reader with things to expect in the forthcoming books in the series. As soon as I read the last page, I found myself hitting one of Pritchard’s websites, http://cinseries.com, so that I could find more “C I N” to feed my new addiction.

“C I N: Lynn, Lynn, City of Sin. You Never Come Out the Way You Went In” really impressed me and kept me turning its pages. The paranormal characters are of a new breed that is absolutely electrifying, so to speak. You’ll definitely want to read this one—and the ones to follow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read C I N.