Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter's Reviews > Killing Time

Killing Time by Cindy Gerard

Review completed December 22, 2012

Do you love to read about a gorgeous specimen of a miracle man? Do you love to read a superb romantic suspense novel? If yes, what are you waiting for? Just read it. This is Cindy Gerard at her very best! Prepare yourself to be gushed upon.

Daniel is my Mike. Too long hair, handsome, and cool shades

DanielBueno2

Dear Mike,

Ever since Operation Slam Dunk had gone awry in Afghanistan eight years ago, you get rat-ass drunk on each anniversary. Eight years ago you had to face a tribunal, and all you got then was a less than honorable discharge, your career went down the drain, your life has been stolen. To top everything off, your friends are gone too. You were living a rather lonely and secluded life.

Afghanistan

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, my dearest Mike, something is about to change fundamentally. Thank goodness there's still some sense of justice. Justice in the person of Eva Salinas, a spicy and hot little number, a kick-ass road warrior as well as a CIA attorney. Eva lost her husband in Afghanistan and is determined to find out what happened to him and your team. She wants to prove foul play but she needs you to put her plan into action.

It had been a long time since a woman had needed him. A long time since he'd wanted one to. But he wanted to be important to her, strong for her, and even weak for her so she would understand how much she was giving him in return.

Uh, I think Eva can be very convincing, right? Don't scowl at me now, Mikey boy, it was not my fault that she hurt your ego. It was on you. Whatever. Let's get this show on the road.

Seriously, it was such a pleasure to see Gabe Jones again. My Gabe…squeee…yeah, I'm so sorry but I've had a little fangirl moment. Oh, Baba, get over it already. *nods head vigorously* Done. See? Where was I? Mmmm…while we're on it, I will shamelessly admit that I have a little crush on you too, Mike. You look so deliciously gorgeous, sexilicous as all get out. You don't believe me? Have you ever looked into a mirror, my dear? Holy smokes! I know, I know you are taken by now and I am just teasing. Physical attributes like tall, dark and too long hair, handsome, cool shades, a little rough around the edges work for my any day, though. You have presence as all get out and a smart mouth; you are caring, protective, tender and yet you are full of passion and need, but at the same time I loved your little touch of vulnerability. Mike, you are such a cool dude. *Le sigh* Love is not easy, huh? Eva makes you feel gutless, panicked and scared. You feel like you are in over your head. But don't worry, darling, everything will work out all right. Have a little faith in you and Eva.

What's not to love about you, Eva or the story itself? Cindy outdid herself, that's for sure. Oh, Mike, give Cindy my best. The plot is very well thought out and engaging, there are likable and sexy characters and the witty dialogue and banter are the icing on the cake! Without a shadow of a doubt it was a fabulous and compelling ride. There is great action that made my heart throb and had me at the edge of my seat, there is the thrill of anticipation when you kissed Eva for the first time. And this incredibly delicious road I had the pleasure to come along when your love-making ended up in a fiery ball of emotion that made me want to combust was…I don't know…just wow! This is a fabulous build-up. This is chemistry as all get out and sexual tension at its very best. This is what I need to feel when I'm reading a romantic suspense novel or any other novel for that matter.

With a low groan, he deepened the kiss, drew her tighter against him, and took things to a different level. Tentative and sweet shifted to demanding and dark as desire outdistanced tenderness. They both fed from it, built on it, until his leg was wedged between her thighs, her hands tunneled under his shirt, and their mouths devoured each other's.

Yeah, look at you, Mike. I am swooning over you, darling. Correction: I am in a puddle at your feet.

I love your sense of humor, Mike. You are pretty priceless. *grin*

"I wasn't joking. Well, not about sleeping on top of you."
She expelled a deep breath. "All right. You know what? Let's just do this. How's that for an engraved invitation? Maybe it'll relieve the tension and we can finally get some sleep."
"You want a tension reliever, take a Valium."
"Seriously? You're turning me down?"
"You haven't asked me nice yet."

Needless to say that Cooper and Taggart are a sight for sore eyes too, and their sense of humor should not be missed either:

"Fine. But if she loses one freaking hair, I'm going to make you all wish you were never born. Especially you," he told Eva, just before he dragged her against him and kissed her.
"Aw." Taggart's teeth glowed white in the dark.
"Group hug?"
"I'm in." Cooper opened his arms.
"F*ck you both," Mike grumbled. "Let's just get this done."

Oh well, I won't beat around the bush here, I'm looking forward to reading Cooper and Taggart's stories and I have a feeling that Cooper will give you a run for your money. I really, really like this guy. *hint hint* I don't know how she does it but Cindy creates so incredibly scrumptious heroes, it should be labeled as a crime. Indeed. I feel like a drug addict who can't get enough of those guys. Yes, my darling Mike, you especially.

Well, I think I made my point. Er…what's wrong with you, Mike? Your jaw just dropped. Hence, I suggest you shut your mouth otherwise you're going to catch flies and that's so not yummy.

I am done with my glowing review, however, if you think that I've forgotten anything important, feel free to call me--you have my number. MWAH!

I wish you the very best, Mike. Always.

Take care.

Baba

P.S. Eva by morning? Yes, Mike, indulge yourself coz you really deserve it, but at the same time be nice to your buddies--they need some TLC too. You know what I mean...

Expected publication date: January 22, 2013

ARC kindly provided by Pocket Books via Edelweiss. Thank you very much--I appreciate it.

Hey, Mike, would you like to check out my sexilicious coefficient? Nothing to be ashamed of, darling. You handled your buddy…er…woman well. Here we go…

Chemistry 5 (Yeah, the sparks were flying, very palpable, excellent!)

Sensuality 3.5

Steam 3

Eroticism 3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killing Time.

09/21/2012
0.0% " Photobucket
Yay! I got the ARC *happy dance* Mike, I look forward to meeting you. *sigh*" 4 comments
09/22/2012
58.0% "With a low groan he deepened the kiss, drew her tighter against him, and took things to a different level. Tentative and sweet shifted to demanding and dark as desire outdistanced tenderness. They both fed from it, built on it, until his leg was wedged between her thighs, her hands tunneled under his shirt, and their mouths devoured each other's. Holy smokes! These two have chemistry as all get out. It's fabulous!" 15 comments
09/22/2012
78.0% " Photobucket
Action, suspense and smexy times. Mike is so gorgeous and his mouth...hmmm...yes, please, you can eat me too! Lovin' it!"

message 1: by Blacky *Romance Addict* (last edited Sep 23, 2012 08:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Blacky *Romance Addict* Love your review! I haven't read anything by this author yet, but this sure sounds interesting Photobucket

Susan SO excited that you liked this so much, Baba! This one is up next for me this week and now I can't wait to dig in!

Susan Blacky wrote: "Love your review! I haven't read anything by this author et, but this sure sounds interesting

"

@Blacky, Cindy Gerard is fantastic. I really love her stuff!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I gotta say.... I REALLY REALLY LIKE THE PIC! :)

Elizabeth (Liz) Good stuff, B!! I cannot wait to read this one!

KindleRomance Reviews Great review! Sounds exciting!

message 7: by Keri (last edited Sep 23, 2012 08:50AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Keri Great pre-review Baba! I can't wait to get this one, but have decided not to ask for it from Edilweiss. I want to wait until I get paperback in hand so I can savor it. Too many people in my home vying for the computer for me to read it and take my time. of course I also can't lick my pc...did I type that outload! :-)

message 8: by Joy (new)

Joy Must put this on my to buy list--great review Baba

Kelly I'm clicking on the like button a THOUSAND times just for the picture of your Mike! Great pre-review, B! I haven't read any of Cindy Gerard's books yet, but I'm thinking about it now! :)

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Awesome Review. Great pic as always! We met Primetime when he helped out the BOIs do we have guest appearances by any of them? Or all new characters?

message 11: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited Sep 23, 2012 11:29AM) (new) - added it

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Lovely review, Baba. I'll be adding this one to my TBR list.

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Great review Baba!!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* DAMN, that is a sexy pic too!!! YUM!

KatLynne Fantastic review Babs! I cannot wait to read this!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Blacky wrote: "Love your review! I haven't read anything by this author yet, but this sure sounds interesting

"

Thanks, Blacky. This is Cindy at her very best. Give her a try and maybe you'll love it. The guys are gorgeous and her stories are really great. This new series would be a great place to start. Enjoy!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Susan wrote: "SO excited that you liked this so much, Baba! This one is up next for me this week and now I can't wait to dig in!"

Yeeeeah, I did not like it, I loved it, Susan! Lol
Would love to read your thoughts on it. Keep me posted. :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lisa wrote: "I gotta say.... I REALLY REALLY LIKE THE PIC! :)"

I gotta say I really really like your comment, Lisa. Thanks. :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Elizabeth wrote: "Good stuff, B!! I cannot wait to read this one!"

Gosh, yeah, so freakin' good stuff, Eliza!! Enjoy!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kris (KindleRomance) wrote: "Great review! Sounds exciting!"

Thanks, Kris. Yeah, it was pretty exciting on so many different levels (pun intended). Lol

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Keri wrote: "Great pre-review Baba! I can't wait to get this one, but have decided not to ask for it from Edilweiss. I want to wait until I get paperback in hand so I can savor it. Too many people in my home vy..."

Thank you, Keri. Look forward to your review. Well, I'll have to wait a few months. But still...
I understand, holding a book in your hands and turning the pages is not the same as reading a book on your Kindle. Enjoy the ride--I think you will like it too.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Joy wrote: "Must put this on my to buy list--great review Baba"

Thank you, Joy.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kelly wrote: "I'm clicking on the like button a THOUSAND times just for the picture of your Mike! Great pre-review, B! I haven't read any of Cindy Gerard's books yet, but I'm thinking about it now! :)"

You are too sweet, Kelly. Thanks! Yes, think some more. This series would be a great place to discover Cindy's writing and her amazing guys.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kellie wrote: "Awesome Review. Great pic as always! We met Primetime when he helped out the BOIs do we have guest appearances by any of them? Or all new characters?"

Thanks Kellie! Hehe...I've had a fangirl moment when I met Gabe Jones...squeeeeee...Lol Oh my, loooooove this guy. Jenna was there too but only at the end of the story. But Gabe made quite an appearance. Yum. Oh, Joe was there too. Just a short scene only. Well, Mike has two buddies, Taggart and Cooper. I mentioned Gabe, Taggart and Cooper in my full review but I'm not allowed to post it yet. Sorry.

This was so much fun too. I think you will like it, Kellie.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kristen wrote: "Lovely review, Baba. I'll be adding this one to my TBR list."

Thank you, Kristen.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Alexis wrote: "Great review Baba!!"
DAMN, that is a sexy pic too!!! YUM!

Thanks, Alexis. Yes, the pic is pretty hot. Love me some Daniel. :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter KatLynne wrote: "Fantastic review Babs! I cannot wait to read this!"

Thank you, my lovely! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be enjoying it too. :)

message 27: by Jill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jill Look forward to your full review, B!

Kelly Baba wrote: "Kelly wrote: "I'm clicking on the like button a THOUSAND times just for the picture of your Mike! Great pre-review, B! I haven't read any of Cindy Gerard's books yet, but I'm thinking about it now!..."

I'm going to check out her books now, Baba. :)

Kelly Oh, I meant to ask you who that guy is in the picture.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Jill wrote: "Look forward to your full review, B!"

Thanks, Jill.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kelly wrote: "Baba wrote: "Kelly wrote: "I'm clicking on the like button a THOUSAND times just for the picture of your Mike! Great pre-review, B! I haven't read any of Cindy Gerard's books yet, but I'm thinking ..."

Kelly, I think the best place to start is this book here. If you like this one then go back to her BOIs series.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kelly wrote: "Oh, I meant to ask you who that guy is in the picture."

Daniel-Bueno_zps77cb863f

Sunny Baba wrote: "Kellie wrote: "Awesome Review. Great pic as always! We met Primetime when he helped out the BOIs do we have guest appearances by any of them? Or all new characters?"

Thanks Kellie! Hehe...I've ha..."

Eeek! Gabe makes an appearance????!!! I'm dying here!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, I'm so glad you liked it, Baba! It means there's hope for m/f romances still :) Great review! I always wanted to read Gerard's books but I just didn't have the mood to start one. Maybe, I'll try this when winter comes, heh :)

PS. Brazilian guy is so good. Surprisingly, he has a very kind face; usually their faces are all about sex and nothing more.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Sunny wrote: "Baba wrote: "Kellie wrote: "Awesome Review. Great pic as always! We met Primetime when he helped out the BOIs do we have guest appearances by any of them? Or all new characters?"

Thanks Kellie! H..."

Yes, Sunny, Gabe is there too. *swoooooon*

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lazy Jeff wrote: "Oh, I'm so glad you liked it, Baba! It means there's hope for m/f romances still :) Great review! I always wanted to read Gerard's books but I just didn't have the mood to start one. Maybe, I'll tr..."

Thanks, Daria! Yeah, there is still hope. Lol I love Cindy's writing. Well, I did not love every book either but the BOIs series is very good too. But. If you haven't read anything by her yet, then start right here. Killing Time is so, so gooood!! Enjoy!

Really?? Uh, I don't know.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Baba wrote: "Really?? Uh, I don't know."

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lazy Jeff wrote: "Baba wrote: "Really?? Uh, I don't know."

Ahahaha, sure, he's a kind man, look at him! He's all like 'I save starving puppies every day' LOL Thanks for recommendation!"

Lol You crazy woman!!! You are very welcome, my lovely. :)

Sunny Lazy Jeff wrote: "Baba wrote: "Really?? Uh, I don't know."

and has the heat to save "starving" women at night.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Baba wrote: "Lol You crazy woman!!! You are very welcome, my lovely. :)"

Yeah, you got me but don't tell anyone please :)

Sunny wrote: "and has the heat to save "starving" women at night."

That's because he's not simply kind but generous! LOL

Sunny Baba wrote: "

Here is another nice pic of Daniel!"

Wow, not only kind but BEAUTIFUL...

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Here is another nice pic of Daniel!"

Wow, not only kind but BEAUTIFUL..."

Yeah, he is very handsome, indeed, Sunny.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lazy Jeff wrote: "Yep, this picture was made right after he had saved another starving puppy, when he was preparing himself for the starving women LOL Seriously, he's gorgeous! As usual, you make my evening, Babs ;)"

Lol And you make me laugh. Thanks, sweets!

Kelly Baba wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Oh, I meant to ask you who that guy is in the picture."

He is a Brazilian model and his name is Daniel Bueno. Unfortunately his long hair is gone now."

Unfortunately is right Baba! He looked so much better with the long hair. You can hardly tell he's the same person!
OK then, I should wait for this book to be released to check out CG's books. Got it, B, and thanks! :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kelly wrote: "Baba wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Oh, I meant to ask you who that guy is in the picture."

Unfortunat..."

You are welcome, Kelly. :)

Wendy Awesome review Baba! Sounds great, it's definitely on the leaning mountain, lol!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Wendy wrote: "Awesome review Baba! Sounds great, it's definitely on the leaning mountain, lol!"

Thanks, sweets! Ooooooh, you've got a leaning mountain?? Who would have guessed? Lol
You will love it, Wen, I'm pretty sure. Mike is seriously hot and hilarious too. Enjoy!

« previous 1