Labeeb Xaman's Reviews > Fatal Shadows

Fatal Shadows by Josh Lanyon

Jul 20, 12

Read from July 10 to 20, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I usually don't read first person but I like this author. I liked his 'Dangerous Ground' & 'The Ghost Wore Yellow Socks'. As compared to those books this unfortunately for me seemed a bit amateurish. Maybe because it's his first book. There were just too many references to a lot of things I thought were the author's favs & he wanted to mention most of them. I didn't like the ending very much either.

I usually hate it when people show a beautiful love & ruin it later. I wish Bruce wasn't the one. If it was Atkins, the Chess Club owner, it would have made more sense for me. There were a few unexplained things for me too such as the chess pieces. Also if La Pierra was killed because he was in the way (Bruce initially didn't want to kill him) & not connected to Rob's buddies then why did he end up having a chess piece? Other than this I don't know why was Adrien's shop ransacked when Bruce loved him so much. But other than these things it was quite addictive. I loved everything else. The characters seemed real. I'm definitely going to read other books in the series. I wish I could give this book 5 stars because it started really nicely but because of the ending & a few minor things I'll have to give it 3 :(
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fatal Shadows.