Duy Nguyen's Reviews > Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports

Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson

U 50x66
Dec 03, 08

Read in December, 2008

I start enjoying this book at this weekend and I really enjoyed it. I was attracted by the 3rd books in Maximum Ride. Thanks to my reading teacher, Mrs. Baum. I'm looking for the 2nd book for my next ER reading for sure.

#11:

What the most impressive to me in first 65 pages in this book are some facts which are existing in our life and what happens with Max and Fang.

I wasn't impressive if James Peterson continue the haft reality haft fantasy story. However, in these page, Max and others came to Texas. They even got closer to me in Dallas. They were staying there for a while. Peterson made me feel the story about Max and others is happening in the world. Moreover, the technique as I mentioned in may essay before about mixing reality and fantasy of Peterson is one of the brightest technique which makes the readers keep reading. For instance, Peterson writes in these pages that Fang had created a blog - which belongs to our life - named maximumride.blogspot.com. I curiously go and check whether that blog is existing or not. Interestingly, it is true. It seems Peterson had prepared everything before he started writing this book. Max and her friends are around here. Very close.

The second interest in the first 65 pages is that Max and Fang argued and left the flock to solve their problem. Max had thought that there is something wrong with Fang because he behaved unusual. They left the flock and talked together. While they were talking, Fang kissed Max for the 2nd time :). I think that is one of the most highlight of this story since it make Max changed her mind about the game with Erasers and The School. I guess Max will consider Fang's suggestion from now on and Fang will share the responsibility with Max in the future.

Keep reading...
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports.

11/09/2008 page 65
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Hi Duy,

It's pretty cool that your reading MAX #3. We should have additional copies of MAX #2 now in the library; I hope that you can get to read it yet this semester. Maybe over Thanksgiving break?

grade is check-plus

message 2: by Duy (new) - added it

Duy Nguyen So far I have read 125 pages of this book. The most confusing thing in this part happens in chapter 40. When Max woke up at The School and she saw Jeb, Ari, and her family. Jeb told her that everything was just a dream. Everything she and her flock was engaging was not real. Jeb had reversed everything from the beginning of this series of books. When I was reading this part, I couldn't explain how much ambiguous I had. I didn't believe that was just a dream. Jeb must have planed already for the next game. I will found out soon.

If I have a chance to ask Jeb a question, I'll ask him what is the purpose of keeping secret about the flock's parents? Why did he have to do that? Since Max and her family was very eager to know who are their parents, why didn't they ask Jeb about that? I still remembered in the 1st book of Maximum Ride, Max and Jeb met more than one time. Why didn't that time Max ask for an answer. Peterson must be very smart to keep the secret of this question to encourage readers from giving up and that is the way I love.

I had bought two more books of James Peterson to increase my reading pages. They are the same style like Maximum Ride: sort chapter, simple word. I hope I will read all of them before this semester is ended.

message 3: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Hi Duy,

I see that James Patterson has added some teenage romance to his sequence of Max novels. That's a good idea to also help keep readers engaged.

I can't recall: have you read Max 2 yet? Max 4 is out in hardback, but not yet in paperback. I, too, hope that you can read all 4 Max books.

check-plus

Nancy

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Hello Duy,

Thanks for posting a comment even though it's not required any more. It's pretty cool that you skipped to Max #3 because Max #2 wasn't available. I hope that you'll be able to read Max #2 still.

I'm also impressed with the fact that you are synthesizing information from the 3 very different novels you've read. Kudos to you, Duy!