CJ - So, you wanna play with magic?'s Reviews > Hard Bitten

Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill

Jul 31, 12

bookshelves: sci-fi-fantasy-romance, women-hero, witches, urban-fiction, vampires, shifters
Read from July 30 to 31, 2012

If I hadn't accidentally spoiled this book and the next for myself, I would've been pissed. Very pissed. Even though it all makes sense.

I can't wait to read the next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Bitten.

Quotes CJ - So, you wanna play with magic? Liked

Chloe Neill
“Be stubborn if you wish to, if you need to, but we know how this will end.”

Chloe Neill
“You can run. You can keep running to the ends of the earth. But I won’t be far behind you.”

“Ethan—”

“No. I will never be far behind you.” He tipped up my chin so that I could do nothing else but look back into his eyes. “Do the things you need to do. Learn to be a vampire, to be a warrior, to be the soldier you are capable of being. But consider the possibility that I made a mistake I regret—and that I’ll continue to regret that mistake and try to convince you to give me another chance until the earth stops turning.”

Chloe Neill
“You are a Cadogan vampire, by blood and bone. You have fought for this House, and you are mine to protect. My Sentinel, my Novitiate. As long as I am here to do it, I will protect you. As long as this House exists, you will have a home here. -Ethan”

“She is mine. -Ethan”

Chloe Neill
“No one said love was easy, Sentinel.
-Ethan”

Chloe Neill
“Do you like being teased?" I whispered.
"I enjoy previews," he said, the words confident, but his voice rough with arousal.
-Merit and Ethan”

Chloe Neill
“Ethan sighed, then put a hand on my cheek. “I don’t tell you this enough, but I am incredibly proud of the vampire you’ve become. I want you to know that.”

Chloe Neill
“If ‘just’ is all you can give me now, then ‘just’ is what we’ll do.”

“Are we ready?”
“You have your dagger?”
“I rarely leave home without it.”
“Then to the Batcave, Sentinel.”

Chloe Neill
“I mean, who does that? Who touches someone’s hair and pronounces they have magic?”
“Darth Sullivan.”
“Darth goddamned Sullivan.”

Chloe Neill
“I'm afraid,' I finally confessed.
'I know.' His voice was quiet. 'I know, and it kills me that I put that fear into your eyes.”

Chloe Neill
“Sometimes hanging out in pajamas with a good book sounded like a phenomenal idea.”
tags: merit

Chloe Neill
“I'll have you in my bed again, Sentinel. And at my side. That is a promise.”

07/31/2012 page 162
46.0% "So even though I spoiled this book and the next, I'm still incredibly nervous. Gonna try to slow read this so I can catch up to the 6th book in August"