Marissa's Reviews > The Assassin and the Empire

The Assassin and the Empire by Sarah J. Maas

Jul 26, 12

bookshelves: my-ebooks, read-2012, reviews
Read from July 19 to 20, 2012

My emotions you guys, my emotions! I knew that this novella was going to end badly because of the synopsis for Throne of Glass but it made me cry anyway. Not many books can boast making me cry, but this one did. It was just so good. This is by far the best Assassin novella.

The Assassin and the Empire has most of the same characters as Underworld, but I believe that this novella takes place about a year later. Celaena has a lot more raw emotion in this one. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT! Her compassionate, emotional side comes out which doesn't make Celaena make the most rational decisions at times but it does humanize her. By the end Celaena becomes mentally and emotionally stronger. I still love Sam, even though he does make some foolish decisions. Sam and Celaena together I love. With my whole heart I ship them. They make the perfect little couple, accepting each others flaws and always looking out for each other. And then there is Arobynn...oh how I despise Arobynn. He likes to destroy my happiness and and is just a horrible person. Just...URG! That is all I can say about Arobynn. You ll understand if you've read The Assassin and the Empire, and if you haven't then go read it immediately. It will leave you full of all kinds of feelings. I now anxiously await August 7th for Throne of Glass to come out.

Check out my blog, The Young Adventuress, for more YA book reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Assassin and the Empire.