Kevin's Reviews > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Book I

Nov 09, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: graphic-novels
Read in December, 2008

Sometimes it's a lot of fun to see where a pop culture phenomenon started. And if you, like me, lived through the 80s, you were witness to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle craze in some way, shape, or form.

This graphic novel is the start of it all. Basically, the turtles were a black and white, independent produced and distributed series of comic books that were hugely popular. Four turtles that had radioactive ooze poured over them and they grew to human proportions and were trained in the art of ninjitsu by a rat who also grew to human size. They're snarky and funny and kick some serious ass.

The only thing I didn't like was that this collection had a couple of brief stories tacked on the end that didn't seem to make much sense. When I read a graphic novel, I expect everything contained therein to be related to the central story. This was just oddly abrupt and I didn't quite care for it. The rest of it, though? Cool.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Book I.