Jenny's Reviews > The Girl with Borrowed Wings

The Girl with Borrowed Wings by Rinsai  Rossetti

Jul 25, 12

bookshelves: to-read
Read in July, 2012

This is my favorite book ever! I think it may be one of the best Young Adult books ever written. I'm so impressed by the author. I can't believe this book is only her debut. Her book has the literary skill of a master and she deals and develops her characters beautifully.

Her characters are really unique and realistic. Unlike most books that try to create overly sympathetic protagonists, Rossetti's book develops strikingly complex characters. Moreover, through Frenenquer's relationship with her father, the book embarks upon a distinctive new approach to the typical 'growing up' story. It explores issues surrounding guilt, responsibility, and personal identity in a way that is both refreshing and cathartic. Few books have such an impact on me that I analyze my own life and relationships with others but this one did. My teacher read a part of it and actually cried!

It was also one of the funnest books I've ever read as well. The plot and place are combined with magic and fantasy effortlessly. The prose is amazing! It's so simple and yet so beautiful, metaphorical, and engrossing. I couldn't put the book down. It was literally one of the best books. Everything about the book is fantastic. I can't wait for her next book. I wouldn't be surprised is Rinsai Rossetti becomes one of the greatest authors of our time.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl with Borrowed Wings.