Jess's Reviews > The Prince

The Prince by Tiffany Reisz

Nov 16, 12

Read from November 02 to 05, 2012

I've been sitting on this review for close to two, maybe three, weeks, and to be honest I'm still not even sure what to write. I've loved all the books in this series for various reasons, but without fail every book has taken us deeper, revealed more about each character in a way that keeps readers coming back for more.

The Prince is presented in three alternating story lines -- Kingsley and Soren (the younger years), Kingsley and Soren (present day), and Wes and Nora -- and I think made Reisz chose well when she opted to go this route. Each storyline has an intensity of its own, and in some cases I just needed a break.

The Prince upended all my thoughts and feelings. I went in believing Wes and Nora could be happy together, could live a long happy life, and be satisfied with each other, but there's one scene toward the end of the book (read: 100) that was a complete game changer. It left me reveling in Soren feelings I didn't even know I had and so twisted up and then strangely at peace with whatever Reisz might throw our way in The Mistress. How does she do that?!

This book ends with a pretty nasty cliffhanger, which is a bummer and at the same time sort of perfect. I'm anxious to see how Reisz pulls the pieces together and makes the ending compelling. Someone will lose in this story. But more importantly, Nora stands to gain, and that's what I can't wait for in The Mistress. It will be an absolute delight to see how Nora/Eleanor finally opens up, finally learns to say what she wants and needs.

Reisz has promised an ending to this series that "no one will see coming" but that will leave us feeling "triumphant." I have no idea what that means, but I know I want it.

The Prince, like the others, is a masterfully woven tale of love and devotion, obsession and loss, and as always, pleasure and pain.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the advanced copy.

This book was a solid 4.5 in my book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prince.

11/02/2012 page 44
11.0% "I love this so much already."
11/03/2012
30.0% "My name is Soren. #ded"
11/04/2012
55.0% "This book. THIS. BOOK."