Felicia's Reviews > Blood Kin

Blood Kin by M.J. Scott

Jul 19, 12

bookshelves: vaginal-urban-fantasy, urban-paranormal
Read in July, 2012

I feel like this is 3.5 as a rating, but I can't give half-stars :D In a very crowded, derivative field of urban fantasy right now, I like this series! This is the second, and I definitely enjoyed reading it. I like the characters and I think the world building is interesting (although not as fleshed out as I keep looking for, but it's definitely getting there). Templars/Vampires/Fairy/Human/Shifters, it's a lot going on, and I still don't feel like I understand 100% what it is to exist in this world, but I am still interested in figuring more out. I like how the other couple from the first book was integral to this one, it was cool to see them existing together after a whole book was dedicated to their getting together. I believed the romance in this one as much as the last. There were some Muhahaha bad guys, but whatever, the magic justified some interesting traps for the main character.
Again the POV shifted back and forth between the guy and the girl, and I dunno if I'm crazy about that, but I was in it until the end, and I'll be on the next ride if there's another!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Kin.