Robert Risher's Reviews > Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire: The Methods and Madness Inside Room 56

Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire by Rafe Esquith

Jul 19, 12

Read in July, 2012

I constantly hear teachers complain because they don't find specific strategies and step-by-step guides to using those strategies in the books they read. Well here is the answer. Esquith covers every subject, classroom management, and loads of potential programs that ambitious teachers could put in place, and if there aren't enough details in this book, he constantly puts out internet links with even more details and ideas. The only real problem is that the scenarios he displays from his own class are so in depth and have evolved for so many years that teachers that are new to his ideas will likely balk at their scope. My own experience tells me that everything I found within his book can be effective with the proper dedication, and I look forward to trying some of his tips this coming year. For ability to hold my interest, I would probably rate the book a little lower, but it is great for the job which it was intended. It's worth a read for any teacher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire.

Quotes Robert Liked

Rafe Esquith
“That's the beauty of art--we strive for perfection but never achieve it. The journey is everything.”
Rafe Esquith, Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire: The Methods and Madness Inside Room 56
tags: art