Shane's Reviews > Sovereign Hope

Sovereign Hope by Frankie Rose

Jun 14, 13

bookshelves: to-read

Sovereign Hope was just ravishing. I was completely electrified by the authentic story-line and tasteful romance. The writing style, the character build up, and the overall setting was just pure genius. What a wonderful debut novel and brilliant start in an exciting new series.

Farley Hope is a young girl trying to make sense of her life and solve the mysterious disappearance of her mother. She's a survivor; that's the only word that kept coming back to me throughout the story. Her strength is commendable, and her determination is just baffling. Farley never gives up on anything. She wants answers and she'll never stop until she finds them. I also liked how the story opened with her and immediately depicting her stubbornness. I didn't take anytime liking her character and if anything, I can relate with her frustration. Here she was being chased by strange men and had no clue as to why. Soon after she learns that her abilities are in fact not as weird as she thought them to be, and her purpose is uncovered.

Daniel, he had me cracking up. He's so blunt and uncaring with his words. Not necessarily the gentleman at start but you can't help but fall for him along with Farley as the story progresses. Their relationship is believable and not as instant as some couples in YA. I liked how their emotions grew as I read.
The other characters had some depth as well. Tess for one, Farley's bestie, sort of calms my nerves. I love how easy-going she was and I'm very pleased with her presence.

I like, I love...

It's great when an author creates a world that doesn't exist because that allows the reader to tap into their imagination. But it's also great when a place that actually exists is used as the setting. California is one of my favorite places so that discovery had me giggling like a lunatic. Regardless, I felt the description was incredible and I certainly pictured what was taking place.

The story in general, again, I can't stress enough on how exciting it was. The action scenes had my adrenaline going, and I never felt bored in between. And what an ending. Sovereign Hope was just unbelievable. Don't you want to experience the rush? Get yourselves a copy today!
I've been reading a lot of five star books lately. I hope this trend continues and keep me happy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sovereign Hope.

06/14/2013 marked as: to-read