Erin's Reviews > The Darkest Day

The Darkest Day by Britt Bury

'The Darkest Day' was AWESOME!
description

Probably one of the best debt PNRs I've read in a long time. Unfortunately,I think a lot of readers are drawing parallels between this story and Kresley Cole’s incredibly popular Immortals After Dark series. Which like I said is really unfortunate because I think 'The Darkest Day' can stand on it's own two feet and is actually quite different from the IAD series.Though I can see why there has been comparison's to KC's IAD but Britt Bury does have an original idea-with the Pookahs and fionns etc. The only reason there is a comparison is that they both deal with Immortals but KC's and Britt's are distinctly their own. They both have quirky humor and a psychic-though those are all extremely different to one another. They also share the whole 'fated to be mated' thing but are different in the way they execute that.
Though I'd take it as a complement to be compared to the IAD series, I think the books are similar in ways but also completely different.

I loved the spunky heroine, Ibel Champbell. Thought she was quirky and fun and could act really strong under the circumstances. Izel has grown up believing that she is an immortal Fionn, however when she goes to Scotland, she learns that she is actually the last living human in the world.
I really liked Kelvin, the hero, but he annoyed me with his constant internal struggle which he ultimately ignores-good for them, otherwise this story would have had a very depressing ending.
I liked the whole mythology about the Pookah race and can't wait to read more about them. Britt Bury set up stories for the other characters in this book and I'm especially excited for Ian's, Kelvin's older brother, story with one of the daughters of Satan.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Day.

04/18 marked as: currently-reading
04/19 "I can see why there has been comparison's to KC's IAD but Britt Bury does have an original idea-witht he razorbacks,fionns etc. The only reason there is a comparison is that they both deal with Immortals but KC's and Britt's are distinctly their own. They both have quirky humor and a psychic-though those are all extremely different to one another."
04/20 marked as: read