Eileen's Reviews > Confessions of an Angry Girl

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

7208929
Jul 25, 12

bookshelves: netgalley, i-own, romance, young-adult, ebook, contemporary, arc
Read from July 21 to 22, 2012

Check out more of my reviews at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***!

To be perfectly honest, I was really reluctant to read Confessions of an Angry Girl. Really reluctant. I had heard a few mixed things about Confessions of an Angry Girl, and I didn't know what I would end up thinking. However, I did not expect everything I was expecting to be blown out of the roof. I loved Confessions of an Angry Girl. It was everything I wasn't expecting and more. Confessions of an Angry Girl is angst-y and so relatable—half the time I was wondering if somebody had stolen my diary and given it to Louise.

Rose was a real character and I loved how she was flawed. She was awkward in her own shoes and a girl after my own heart. Honestly, Rose is pretty much the spitting image of me, besides the anger, of course. She's shy and uncomfortable in her own skin, until she's pissed off about something. Then you see the claws come out. Rose was angry about her life, and she completely had a right to be. She was still extremely loyal to her friends, and the reason I was first drawn into Confessions of an Angry Girl was mainly because I could see myself in Rose, which made the story all the more alluring.

From the very first moment I really loved the plot. There was a budding romance that did not seem cheesy at all (contrary to what I've all preached to you before about contemporaries) and I absolutely loved Jamie. Like, loved him. He really cared for Rose but he was still a really "bad" character. As in, Jamie had a fierce attitude, but you could see he had a soft spot and you could tell he really liked Rose and was concerned about her and her wellbeing.

Confessions of an Angry Girl wasn't just about having a relationship with a great guy, it was much more. Rose was battling her way through school and also with her family. Her brother had abandoned her, and her mom was robot-like, just going through the motions of life without much thought. Rose was trying to deal with her insecurities, insecurities I can assure you many teens have. Louise crafted a delicate tale of a girl's insecurities and struggles in life and formed them into a beautiful story. I am definitely going to be looking out for the sequel of Confessions of an Angry Girl,  Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend.

Overall, Confessions of an Angry Girl is a relatable story to teens everywhere about a girl dealing drama, romance, and insecurity.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of an Angry Girl.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyra (new) - added it

Kyra Oh my gosh! You finished it already?!

Eileen Yep. :) I really liked it *cries theatrically like an unstable mental patient*