Haylee Tippett's Reviews > Red Dawn

Red Dawn by J.J. Bonds

Aug 31, 12

Read in August, 2012

Red Dawn is another enormous hit from J.J. Bonds. I love all of the Crossroads Academy series characters - Strong female main character - Sexy intelligent male main character - Faithful understanding best friend - A few antagonists - Villains to get the drama rolling. (Love them at times, hate them at others, but they are all necessary). Red Dawn has a great plot, which develops in an entertaining and suspenseful manner.
Unfortunately, like with every novel there are always pros and cons. Red Dawn is on the short side—I did not anticipate turning the page and already being at the end. Red Dawn’s ending definitely left me wanting for more (which is a good and bad thing). I do feel as if Red Dawn was not on the same level as Crossroads Academy, the first novel in the series. Crossroads contained the small but important incidents between Katia and Nik that the audience needed to see how the connection/bond between the two grew over time. In Red Dawn, there are a few moments, but it seems as if the audience is supposed to simply accept the sudden relationship between the two. There were gaps of weeks- I hate reading "after a few weeks..." ALOT can happen in a few weeks. That is a good deal of amount of time. Give me something. I do not think the title, Red Dawn was appropriate for the novel. Maybe the next novel in the series it would be appropriate, but not this one. The audience knows nothing of the Red Dawn until the last few chapters. The focus in the novel was on the stolen cure. Regardless of my nagging of Red Dawn, J.J. Bonds has a devoted fan for life. It is a splendid story, which I cannot help but hate having to wait for more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Dawn.