Kristy's Reviews > Gabriel's Rapture

Gabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard

Jul 19, 12

bookshelves: 2012, app-kindle, all-nighter, ebook, heavy, hott-spots, loved-it, tattoos-piercings, dolla-make-me-holla, yay-quotes, alpha-hotness
Read from July 18 to 19, 2012 — I own a copy

I am my Beloved's and my Beloved is mine.

Songs of Solomon 6:3

Wow this book made me love the series so much more. This was quite a journey. Gabriel and Julia both changed so much throughout this book. You get to see them grow and heal. I thought that Gabriel changed a lot in the first book, but it was nothing like who he was by the end of this book. He was almost a different person.

I so throughly enjoyed their story. I'm not going to go into depth about it because it really is an emotionally exhausting book, at least for me it was. But I will say that I loved how completely it was told. I have to say though that I was a little disappointed that something was left out. (view spoiler)

The author hints at writing a 3rd book but what is left to be told? They are married and happy. I don't want to see them unhappy anymore. Maybe a third book would address the issue I felt was left out of this book, but I really don't think another whole book is needed for that. Not if it is going to be painful. If Sylvain Reynard does put out a third book I pray that Gabriel and Julia are not torn apart and that their relationship is not strained. I like reading about them being happy together, so PLEASE Mr Reynard if you read this PLEASE don't put your characters through any more pain. I don't think I could bear to read it. :(

"I love you too. I love you far too much, I'm sure. But I don't know how to love you any other way."

I loved this. This was when Julia went to Professor Picton's house for dinner. The last line cracked me up.

"This is lovely." Julia smiled, in an effort to mask her nervousness. She was intimidated by the fine bone china, crystal, and silver candlesticks that Katherine had set atop a white damask tablecloth that looked as if it had been ironed.

(Not even the linens would dare to wrinkle without Professor Picton's permission.)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gabriel's Rapture.

Wishful Kelly I couldn't agree more. The story haven't ended. I would like to see Gabriel and Julia becoming parents too. I really would like to know whether the vasectomy is reversible or not. Maybe Mr.Reynard will write about that?
Yes, it was intense. Very. I was so worried that this will have a sad or shock ending. Especially when I read about Paulina, but that also another story that was left hanging. It's very depressing and I would like to know more about her too.
There have to be a 3rd book. Please. :)

Kristy Yeah these two books were emotionally draining for me. I had to read a light hearted fluffy book in between them just to give myself a break. But I love it. I love it when an author can make me feel so much for her characters. Which is why I was so disappointed to not have all the answers at the end. :( I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Wishful Kelly Sigh, I hate this feeling that, after finish reading a book that love so much, I'm a bit lost. Not sure what to read next.
Any recommendation?

message 4: by Kristy (last edited Oct 01, 2012 02:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristy Yes actually, Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia. It is raw and emotional and it has some pretty bad language, but I personally loved it. It was such a great story. And that book has the same kind of ending as this where you are left feeling that some of the characters still have a story to tell, but luckily the author is writing a sequel for those characters. So you have something to look forward too. I wrote a long review for that book if you're interested in reading it. I included a lot of quotes so you can get a feel for the authors writing.

Wishful Kelly Thanks for the recommendation, I will check out that book.
Ooo, did you know that it is confirm by Reynard that there will be a third Gabriel book?
*throw confetti*

Kristy haha No I hadn't heard that yet. Awesome. *throws more confetti* Yay!