Kellie's Reviews > Valley of the Dolls

Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann

Jan 09, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, fiction-literature

As my mother pointed out, this is total trash. And, as always, she is right. I need to read a little trash now and then.

This book was published in the 60’s. It is the story of three women who become stars either as an actress, singer or model. They ALL get caught up in the glamour of being a celebrity and each of them deal with it in their own way.

Anne is my favorite. She is strong willed and smart. Her only down fall is Lyon.

Neely was an interesting character. She started out as the under dog and I wished she stayed that way. She is my least favorite.

Jennifer is a beautiful woman who just wants to find someone who loves her. When she does, her life changes.

I enjoyed this book, although the ending just ended like the author decided she was done and she was ending the book at that moment. There was not much of a resolution and the ending was a tad disappointing. The story of the author is almost as intriguing as her novel and after reading about her, I am convinced she put some of herself in the characters.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Valley of the Dolls.

Petra X A little trash now and again is a treat. Like a box of chocolates all to oneself.

Kellie You got it!