Risbee's Reviews > The Angel

The Angel by Tiffany Reisz

Sep 22, 14

bookshelves: netgalley-read, favorites, real-books
Read from September 03, 2012 to September 22, 2014

Reread almost 2 years after the first time and I loved it even more the second time. My heart <3

I received an advance copy of this book from Netgalley.

I have a confession to make - I was scared to read this book. More often than not, I find the 2nd book in a series to never live up to the first book and considering how much I loved The Siren, I was hesitant. I didn't want the love I felt for the characters to be diminished.

I have another confession - I was stupid.

This book. THIS BOOK! I said this on twitter already, but how do I review a book that managed to take every feeling I've ever had about anything ever and make it feel new again. How do I describe the expressions on my face or the flutters in my heart or the tickles in my belly or noodling in my legs when things got unffy -- because there was definite UNF. But there was so much more.

Picking up a little over a year after The Siren ends, The Angel is a story of truth and discovery. Every "preference" I thought I had -- who I loved the most, who I wanted together, all of those things were rocked by this story.

I still love Nora more than is probably healthy, but I love Soren. And Kingsley. And Griffin. And Michael. I even love Nora's mother.

I'm gushing. I know this, but when a book, a story, a world is this grasping...I don't know if it is possible for me to compartmentalize the qualities in a succinct, organized review. I want to make everybody I know read this book. I want to walk around with a sign that says "Ask me about the book I just read!" I want to reread it already and I just finished it this morning.

I've told a few people that TS has been the best book I've read this year...I'm adding The Angel and saying that this is the best series I've read this year.

Books like this one remind me why I love to read. And there's more to come...

Is it November yet?
12 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Angel.

Quotes Risbee Liked

Tiffany Reisz
“My confession begins," Father S said, "as the confessions of many men begin - with three words"

"Father forgive me?" Michael hazarded a guess. Father S signed.

"I met Eleanor.”
Tiffany Reisz, The Angel

09/03/2012
7.0% ""That was not my fault,...The consulate cleared me." God, I love Nora <3"
09/03/2012
19.0% "Griffin - shirtless and in a kilt. Sweet baby jeebus"
09/04/2012
39.0% "I am in love"
09/04/2012
52.0% "If I didn't have to function in the morning, I'd read until I was finished. These characters own me."
56.0% "Wesley lied?!?!?!"
58.0% ""Um...Griffin?" Sweet Jeebus. I. Am. Ded." 2 comments
09/05/2012
73.0% "I can't even with the ink...**flails**"
09/06/2012
80.0% "I'm at that point where I can't stop reading, but don't want to read because I don't want it to end."
09/06/2012
85.0% ""Goddamn motherfucking sadist." Gah, I can totally relate to that one."
09/06/2012
88.0% ""I want to own you,"..."You already do." **flails and tears**"
09/06/2012
98.0% ""What?" she asked with feigned innocence. "We all want to watch." I said it in my first update and I'll say it again: God, I love Nora."
09/21/2014 marked as: currently-reading
09/21/2014 page 80
19.0% "Rereading. Because I can."
09/21/2014 page 86
20.0% "wearing nothing but a black kilt and Doc Marten boots..." Griffin, I have missed you."
09/21/2014 page 241
57.0% "Michael <3 <3 <3"
09/21/2014 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

Chris I cannot wait for this one. I really didn't think I was going to enjoy the first one as much as I did.

Jess YES YES YES!