Nadine's Reviews > Pushing the Limits

4551995
Jul 19, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read in July, 2012

Pushing The Limits is a gritty, heart-wrenching read. It does lead to a happy ending, but the getting there will get you.

Echo Emerson use to be the popular girl. Now she keeps to herself and wears long sleeved shirts to cover up her scars and her secrets. The school gossips about her. She’s a freak, a cutter, an outcast. They’re all wrong. The truth is much worse.

Noah Hutchins lost his parents in a fire. Now a product of the foster care system he’s been bounced from one home to another. Separated from his brothers, he fights to get them back and protect them from the homes he’s been in.

This was such a great read. Noah and Echo are both emotionally damaged. They just want some form of normalcy in their lives. The relationship that develops between them is absolutely beautiful. They are so good for each other. They understand where the other is coming from. They give each other strength when it’s needed.

Echo has no memory of the horrific event that left her scarred. She slowly gets her memory back as the story unfolds. When she finally learns the truth, I was stunned. Add to that the drama of having to deal with an overbearing father, a nanny turned step-mom, and losing her brother in the war. This girl has such amazing strength and courage.

Noah is bad boy, ladies man, and a stoner. He’s the complete opposite of what he was prior to losing his family. He’s been through some rough situations and has come out on the losing end. Noah doesn’t give up though. His determination is unwavering, but it can also be hindering. He wants nothing more than to get his brothers back and make them the family they use to be.

Add this book to your reading lists. You will not be disappointed.

This book was provided by NetGalley for review.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pushing the Limits.

Taryn at My Secret Romance This is a wonderful review, Nadine. I'm so glad I got it to read. Is there a HEA and romance?

Nadine There is. It's really sweet too. No sex. This is mature YA. There's drinking and pot. It's a really good read and well written.

Taryn at My Secret Romance That's fine. As long as the story is engaging I'm actually good with no sex. LOL

Nadine Let me know what you think.