Natalie E. Ramm's Reviews > Scandalous Desires

Scandalous Desires by Elizabeth Hoyt

Aug 13, 12

Read from July 19 to 30, 2012

Silence Hollingbrook, a gentlewoman who works at a home for children, has met the pirate Micky O’Connor before. He ruined her marriage with a scandal that she could not recover from even after she was widowed. Micky never forgot her no matter how many skirts he chased. He left his only child, illegitimate of course, in her care. When he takes the babe back, Silence is faced with a choice a) leave the baby she loves with an unfeeling pirate or b )move in with the pirate that destroyed her reputation.

Jaysus, tha lass is a firey ‘un! She won’ take no fer an answer! And tha way she takes car o’ tha baby, well, she’s a born mother. But, Jaysus, Micky never thought Silence would melt ‘is col col ‘eart.

Are you sick of this pirate speak yet? Well, you only got 3 lines. I got 300 pages. The only reason I persevered in reading Scandalous Desires is because I promised Sarah Wendell from SmartBitches that I would review it. Otherwise, I would have sailed through about 3 pages and aborted ship.

I couldn’t even write a decent review of this book because it just has ALL THE THINGS I hate in romances: babies and dialect and the word "cunny" UGH. That said, there was quite a bit of action in this book. The hero is a river pirate after all, so there are a bunch of raids and battles, blood and burning. Plus there was lots of sexy time, all sort of clumped together in the middle of the book. But all the action in the world couldn’t keep me from cringing every time Micky says Jaysus, which is about every other page even while they’re doin’ it. Mood killer!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scandalous Desires.

07/23/2012 page 20