Celeste's Reviews > The Successful Homeschool Family Handbook

The Successful Homeschool Family Handbook by Raymond S. Moore

Dec 30, 08

bookshelves: home-education, non-fiction, parenting
Read in December, 2008

I finally finished this book. I was very impressed with the first part of the book which discusses the need for parents to find stress-free ways to educate at home. It is very complimentary to my homeschooling method, Leadership Education, or sometimes called Thomas Jefferson Education (TJED).

I was not as impressed with the success stories placed in the middle to the end of the book. I know there are lots of examples of super-successful home educated students who end up with full-ride scholarships to Standford, but that is not my focus for homeschooling at all. In fact, for me that part is a little stressful. I just want my kids to be happy, well-educated people.

In all I think this is a great book for the new and veteran homeschoolers. For me, it was nice to read some methods of getting rid of stress.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Successful Homeschool Family Handbook.

11/08/2008 page 94
29.01% "I heard good things about this book, but so far have not found any new information for my own purposes in homeschooling."
11/21/2008 page 109
33.64% "I'm finding many good ideas in this book to implement in our home education. I find this book matches up to TJEd very well."
12/28/2008 page 192
59.26% "I love the first half of this book which discusses methods for home education, but not as impressed with the 2nd half."