Kelly Sapp's Reviews > Charlotte Mason Companion

Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola

Jul 19, 2012

Read in January, 2002

Encouraging, doable homeschooling model for moms--gentle--like Isaiah that says, "He gently leads those who are with young."

Charlotte Mason was a revolutionary in England in the education of children, with incredible and astonishing success. While she taught in a school setting, this book equips homeschool moms how to use her model in the home school.

Was extremely helpful to me, allowing me the luxury of true quality time with my kids, the "gentle art of learning," nature walks, letting a child's curiosity be encouraged. This, to me, most closely resembles the Hebrew model of discipleship...relational....constant....as in Deuteronomy 6:7, AMP "You shall whet and sharpen them so as to make them penetrate, and teach and impress them diligently upon the [minds and] hearts of your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down and when you rise up."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Charlotte Mason Companion.